Day 1: Arrive in Cusco - City Tour Cusco
Upon arrival in Cusco, you are welcomed and transferred to your hotel, where you have some time to rest and acclimatize to the altitude (3200m above sea level). In the afternoon we enjoy a sightseeing tour of the heart of the Inca Empire including archaeological remains around the city, including the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo the giant rock, the ancient site of Puca Pucara, and finally the Water Temple of Tambomachay. Next, we back to the city and visit the Koricancha Temple of the Sun and the Cathedral, built on the ruins of an Inca Palace.
Day 2: Sacred Valley Tour - Lunch Urubamba town
Today, we explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This fertile river valley was home to many famous sites for the Incas, both strategic and religious. Our first stop is the village of Pisac, with its famous market, where you can pick up a bargain. You have free time to wander the colorful market stalls before we have a typical Andean lunch at a local restaurant in Urubamba Town. We then continued our journey along the River Urubamba, to Ollantaytambo, the best surviving example of Inca town planning and dominated by a giant Inca fortress, which was the scene of a rare victory for the Incas against the invading Spanish Conquistadors. In the afternoon, we back to Cusco, on the way we visit Chinchero, the beautiful town an archeological site. In the evening, we met with the guide a listen to the information about your Salkantay trek.
Day 3: Cusco - Mollepata (Marcoccasa) - Salkantay Pampa
We will leave Cusco at 5:30 am and head towards Marcoccasa (3400m/11154f), passing the village Mollepata (3000m/9843f). In Marcoccasa we will meet the horsemen and the rest of the group and start our trek. We start hiking within a magnificent valley, surrounded by the most awesome snow-capped mountains such as the Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the Salkantay (6264m/20551f). Our campsite will be at Salkantay pampa (3900m/12795f). Optional: While trekking the Salkantay route to Salkantay Pampa, we strongly recommend hiking to Laguna de Humantay for discovering a beautiful view over Humantay Lake and Humantay snow-covered (Day hiked up from Soraypampa at 3700m/12139ft to Humantay Lake at 4220m/13845ft). Hiking Time 2 hours. Meals Included: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner.
Day 4: Salkantay Pampa - Salkantay pass - Collpa Pampa
After breakfast, we will set (6264m). After that, we will descend again and will have time to enjoy the increasing vegetation off towards the Salkantay Pass (4600m/15092f) which offers an exceptional view of the Salkantay snow-capped ecosystem. Our campsite will be in Collpapampa (3000m/9842ft), amidst the tropical forest.
Day 5: Collpa Pampa - Wiñaypoco - La Playa - Lucmabamba
The third day dedicated to the region's flora and its plantations. After descending to a dimmed forest and enjoying the diversity of species of orchids, bromeliads, and many other plants, we will see coffee-, cacao- and fruit-plantations. Moreover, we will have the pleasure to meet local families of Wiñaypoco (2650m/8694f), La Playa (2100m/6890f), and Lucmabamba (2000m/6561ft). Our campsite will be in Lucmabamba. This afternoon you stay in contact with a local rural family from the forest in which you will have the opportunity to witness the cultivation and processing of coffee. Depending on the variety, it takes approximately 3 to 4 years for newly planted coffee trees to begin to bear fruit. The fruit, called the coffee cherry, turns a bright, deep red when it is ripe and ready to be harvested. Due to the biological characteristics of the coffee tree and the fact that coffee grown in mountainous areas, the widespread use of mechanical harvesters is not possible, and the ripe coffee cherries we picked by hand, a labor-intensive and difficult process. We will show and explain to you the complete process from the tree to the cup of coffee. You will also have the opportunity to ask the locals your questions about the process of cultivation. Note: According to the group's wishes it is possible to change the itinerary a bit and visit the hot springs in Santa Teresa (1830m/6004f) this afternoon at an extra cost. Meals Included: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner.
Day 6: Lucmabamba - Llactapata Inca site - Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
After breakfast, we will hike up on the Inca trail to the archaeological site of Llactapata at 2650m/8694f (Beautiful scenery for discovering flora and evidence of Inca culture). From here we will have an outstanding view over Machu Picchu Mountain and Vilcanota Canyon). Afterward, we will continue down to the Hydroelectric train station (1950m/6398f), where you can take the train to Machu Picchu town (2050m/6726f). Overnight in Machu Picchu town. Meals Included: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner.
Day 7: Aguas Calientes town - Machu Picchu - Cusco
We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 6:00 am and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. Upon arrival in Machu Picchu, you will have a guided tour of the ruins and monuments, including the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, and the Cemeteries. By yourself have free time to stroll around the Citadel and catching the bus to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, you take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where we pick you transport to Cusco and drop you at your hotel. Meals Included: Breakfast, Snack. Please be aware that your tour of Machu Picchu does not include an entry permit to Huayna Picchu (the iconic hill behind the Machu Picchu ruins). If you want to climb Huayna Picchu, then you need to pre-book your permit. Please contact our team if you would like to do this.
Day 8: Travel Day Cusco to Lima.
After breakfast, your departure flight. Depending on airline schedules, this may require dawn departures. End our services
- Transfer Airport/Bus station - Hotel.
- Personal Assitant.
- Brief meeting about the trek.
- 04 Nights Hotel Standard 3 Stars accommodation Twin bed.
- Touristic Transportation.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- Tour in a group City Tour and Sacred Valley (10 people approx.)
- 01 Buffet lunch in Urubamba.
- General entrance fee for City Tour and Sacred Valley
- Private transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Soraypampa.
- Tourist train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes Town.
- Camping equipment (professional two-person tents, sleeping mats, dining tent equipped with a table and chairs, a sanitary tent).
- Cook, cooking equipment, meals (08 breakfasts, 03 lunches, and 03 dinners). Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaves tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Tea and snack time every day (tea, coffee, Wantan, popcorn, cracker).
- Porters and horses to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock).
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Turistic Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Bus up and down Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu vice-versa.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo station to your hotel in Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide in groups (Español & Ingles).
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- First Breakfast
- Travel Insurance
- Sleeping bag (if you don't have a sleeping bag there is the possibility of renting one for $ 25.00, four days)
- Meals not indicated in your program.
- International and Domestic Flights.
- Single supplement.