Day 1: Meeting Day Briefing
Upon arrival in Cusco, where you have some time to rest and acclimatize to the altitude (3300m above sea level). In the evening, we met with the guide a listen to the information about your Salkantay trek.
Day 2: Cusco - Mollepata (Marcoccasa) - Salkantay Pampa
We will leave Cusco at 5:30 am and head towards Marcoccasa (3400m/11154f), passing the village Mollepata (3000m/9843f). In Marcoccasa we will meet the horsemen and the rest of the group and start our trek. We start hiking within a magnificent valley, surrounded by the most awesome snow-capped mountains such as the Humantay (5217m/17116f) and the Salkantay (6264m/20551f). Our campsite will be at Salkantay pampa (3900m/12795f). Optional: While trekking the Salkantay route to Salkantay Pampa, we strongly recommend hiking to Laguna de Humantay for discovering a beautiful view over Humantay Lake and Humantay snow-covered (Day hiked up from Soraypampa at 3700m/12139ft to Humantay Lake at 4220m/13845ft). Hiking Time 2 hours. Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner included.
Day 3: Salkantay Pampa - Salkantay pass - Collpa Pampa
After breakfast, we will set (6264m). After that, we will descend again and will have time to enjoy the increasing vegetation of off towards the Salkantay Pass (4600m/15092f) which offers an exceptional view of the Salkantay snow-capped ecosystem. Our campsite will be in Collpapampa (3000m/9842ft), amidst the tropical forest. Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner included.
Day 4: Collpa Pampa - Wiñaypoco - La Playa - Lucmabamba
The third day dedicated to the region's flora and its plantations. After descending to a dimmed forest and enjoying the diversity of species of orchids, bromeliads, and many other plants, we will see coffee-, cacao- and fruit-plantations. Moreover, we will have the pleasure to meet local families of Wiñaypoco (2650m/8694f), La Playa (2100m/6890f), and Lucmabamba (2000m/6561ft). Our campsite will be in Lucmabamba. This afternoon you stay in contact with a local rural family from the forest in which you will have the opportunity to witness the cultivation and processing of coffee. Depending on the variety, it takes approximately 3 to 4 years for newly planted coffee trees to begin to bear fruit. The fruit, called the coffee cherry, turns a bright, deep red when it is ripe and ready to be harvested. Due to the biological characteristics of the coffee tree and the fact that coffee grown in mountainous areas, the widespread use of mechanical harvesters is not possible, and the ripe coffee cherries we picked by hand, a labor-intensive and difficult process. We will show and explain to you the complete process from the tree to the cup of coffee. You will also have the opportunity to ask the locals your questions about the process of cultivation. Note: According to the group's wishes it is possible to change the itinerary a bit and visit the hot springs in Santa Teresa (1830m/6004f) this afternoon at an extra cost. Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner included.
Day 5: Lucmabamba - Llactapata Inca site - Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes)
After breakfast, we will hike up on the Inca trail to the archaeological site of Llactapata at 2650m/8694f (Beautiful scenery for discovering flora and evidence of Inca culture). From here we will have an outstanding view over Machu Picchu Mountain and Vilcanota Canyon). Afterward, we will continue down to the Hydroelectric train station (1950m/6398f), where you can take the train to Machu Picchu town (2050m/6726f). Overnight in Machu Picchu town in a hotel. Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, and Dinner.
Day 6: Aguas Calientes Town - Machu Picchu - Cusco
We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 6:00 am and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. Upon arrival in Machu Picchu, you will have a guided tour of the ruins and monuments, including the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, and the Cemeteries. By yourself have free time to stroll around the Citadel and catching the bus to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, you take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where we pick you transport to Cusco and drop you at your hotel. Breakfast included. Please be aware that your tour of Machu Picchu does not include an entry permit to Huayna Picchu (the iconic hill behind the Machu Picchu ruins). If you want to climb Huayna Picchu, then you need to pre-book your permit. Please contact our team if you would like to do this. End our services
- Pre-briefing time at 19hrs in our hotel 1 or 2 days before your date departure.
- Transfer Airport/Bus station - Hotel
- Tourist Transport.
- Private transfer from your hotel in Cusco to Soraypampa.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist train from Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes Town.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Camping equipment (professional two-person tents, sleeping mats, dining tent equipped with a table and chairs, a sanitary tent).
- Cook, cooking equipment, meals (03 breakfasts, 03 lunches, and 03 dinners). Food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit and spaghetti, chicken, fish, meat and rice, all rich in carbohydrates and very suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaves tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Tea and snack time every day (tea, coffee, Wantan, popcorn, cracker).
- Porters to carry the main luggage (all the equipment and cooking stock).
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- 02 night at the hotel standard three starts.
- The bus up and down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes where the train station is situated
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes Town.
- Sleeping bag (if you don't have a sleeping bag there is the possibility of renting one for $ 25.00, four days)
- Traditional tips of the Horsemen and porters
- Information is not describing in the program.
- Single supplement.
- Night after the trek
- Mask and facial protector.