Day 1: Cusco - KM 104 - Wiñayhuayna - Aguas Calientes
Our journey starts early in the morning. After our arrival at KM 104 by train, the Royal Inca Trail begins with a hike to Chachabamba (2270m/7448f), where our guide will inform us about the previous function of this archaeological site. After that, we will reach Wiñayhuayna (2650m/8694f), the most important archaeological site besides Machu Picchu. After that our trail continues towards the Sun Gate "Inti Punku" a beautiful viewpoint from which we can enjoy the sunset on Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f). Since we have to continue our walk to our hotel in Aguas Calientes, we will only spend a little time in the sanctuary of Machu Picchu on the first day.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu to Cusco
We will leave our hotel towards Machu Picchu after breakfast at about 5:30 am and take the bus. We are leaving that early because at this time the site is less crowded and the morning is an excellent time to enjoy the calmness and the ancient spirit of the best-known archaeological site on the continent. After our arrival at the citadel around 6:00 am, our guide will give us detailed information about Machu Picchu and the history and culture of the Inca. After that, you will have enough free time to enjoy and explore the site on your own (you can go to the Inca Bridge, explore the variety of buildings or climb Huayna Picchu for an amazing panorama picture). A bus takes you down to Aguas Calientes. Here you can join the town's hot springs (S/ 10.00 Nuevos Soles). We will leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon-evening. Huayna Picchu: The visit to Huayna Picchu needs to be booked a long time in advance as there are only limited spaces. We charge the additional US $ 65.00.
- Pre-briefing time at 19hrs in your hotel 1 or 2 days before your date departure.
- Private transfer from your hotel in Cusco to the train station.
- Tourist train from Ollantaytambo to km. 104 at 7hrs 45 (Beginning of the 2-Day Inca Trail)
- Authorization to stop the train at km 104
- Tourist bus two ways between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English).
- Meals during the excursion (1 breakfast, one box lunch, one dinner/option vegetarian).
- Hostal 3 star in the village of Aguas Calientes.
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and tourist transfer from the train station in Ollantaytambo to the hotel in Cusco.
- Day first breakfast and last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Information is not describing in the program.
- Single supplement.
- Accommodation before and after the trek
- Mask and facial protector.