Day 1: Cusco - Lares Hot Springs - Huaca Wasi
At approximately 6 am we will pick you up at your hotel to set course to the village of Lares where we will start hiking. During this journey, we will make a stop in the town of Calca, where you will be able to visit the local market and buy breakfast or other supplies you forgot. Your guide might advise you to buy some bread to hand out to the children you will meet during the trek. When arriving at Lares, we will visit the hot springs where you will be able to enjoy the warm water while our cooks prepare a wonderful lunch. After lunch, we will start our hike towards the first campsite in Huaca Wasi (3600m/11811f). During 3 hours you will walk gradually uphill so that you get proper training for the next day when we will reach the highest point of the trek. The first night we will spend the night at the house of our horsemen who are joining us on the trip. At arrival, your tents will be ready, and you will receive popcorn, sweets, and some hot tea before having dinner.
Day 2: Huaca Wasi - Sondor Paso Sacsayllame - Aruray Cocha - Yurak Cocha - Miski Unu
After a nutritious breakfast, we will start hiking towards the highest point, the pass of Sacsayllame at 4400m or 14435 feet. The hike will take about 4 hours and will be very steep uphill. Of course, an emergency horse will accompany us so that everyone will certainly be able to reach the top. During this trek, you will be able to enjoy huge mountains, a patchwork of agricultural lands, and breathtaking views. Be aware that we will reach great heights and the weather can be frigid. After reaching the highest point, we will descend and pass a beautiful lagoon before having lunch next to the river. You will be able to recuperate while our cooks prepare a delicious meal for you. Next, we will descend further through a forest where you will be able to enjoy the Queuñas (Polylepis), a typical three from Peru. This walk will take about 1 hour before reaching our campsite at Miski Unu (3550m/11646f). A beautiful place in the middle of nowhere where you will receive hot tea and some snacks upon arrival before having dinner.
Day 3: Miski Unu - Queshuarchalloc - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Today will be another spectacular day when walking downhill through different forests. You will be able to enjoy the rich biodiversity and change of fauna and flora during this 3-hour walk that will end in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Watch out, when walking in the forest there are lots of mosquitos. We will enjoy our last lunch in Queshuarchalloc where we will say goodbye to the Horsemen and cooks. After lunch, we will take transportation to get to Ollantaytambo. We will visit the beautiful town of Ollantaytambo we will take the train to reach our final destination of the day, the village of Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night in a hotel, before having dinner at a local restaurant. At 7 pm.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 6:00 am and head for Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f) by tourist bus. Upon arrival in Machu Picchu, you will have a guided tour of the ruins and monuments, including the Main Square, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, and the Cemeteries. By yourself have free time to stroll around the Citadel and catching the bus to Aguas Calientes. In the afternoon, you take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where we pick you transport to Cusco and drop you at your hotel. Meals Included: Breakfast, Snack. Please be aware that your tour of Machu Picchu does not include an entry permit to Huayna Picchu (the iconic hill behind the Machu Picchu ruins). If you want to climb Huayna Picchu, then you need to pre-book your consent. Please contact our team you would like to do this.
- Pre-briefing time at 19hrs in your hotel 1 or 2 days before your date departure.
- Transport from the hotel to Valle de Lares
- Tourist train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the thermal baths in the Valle de Lares Admission to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- 01 Night Hotel with private room and bathroom in Aguas Calientes
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- High-quality camping equipment (professional tents Eureka extra light/4.5kgs for two persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks/Option vegetarian)
- Cook and cooking equipment
- Horseman and mules, for all camping and personal gear (up to 6 kg)
- Emergency horse (minimum two persons)
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
- Tourist train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag (if you don`t have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of renting one)
- Traditional tips of the Horsemen and porters.
- Information is not describing in the program.
- Single supplement.
- Accommodation before and after the trek.
- Mask and facial protector.